Terms of Service Agreement
Internet Directory, Inc., d/b/a CityOf.com
Internet Directory, Inc., d/b/a CityOf.com
THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW (THE “TERMS”) GOVERN YOUR USE OF THIS SITE ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB. THESE TERMS ARE A LEGAL CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND INTERNET DIRECTORY, INC., d/b/a CityOf.com (“CITYOF.COM”, “WE”, “US” AND/OR “OUR”) AND GOVERN YOUR ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE CITYOF.COM EVENTS WEBSITE LOCATED AT THE URL: HTTPS://EVENTS.CITYOF.COM, TOGETHER WITH THE SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE (THE “SITE”). IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE THE SITE OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE. YOUR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE YOUR AGREEMENT TO ABIDE BY EACH OF THE TERMS SET FORTH BELOW. CITYOF.COM MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE CONTENT AND SERVICES OFFERED ON THIS SITE AND CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AT ANY TIME BY POSTING UPDATES ON THE SITE. NOTIFICATION OF SUCH MODIFICATIONS TO THESE TERMS WILL BE POSTED ON THE SITE. IF ANY MODIFICATION IS UNACCEPTABLE TO YOU, YOU SHALL CEASE USING THIS SITE. IF YOU DO NOT CEASE USING THE SITE, YOU WILL BE CONCLUSIVELY DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THE CHANGE.
General Use Restrictions
CityOf.com provides content and services through this Site. Certain information, documents, products and services provided on and through this Site, including content, logos, databases, platforms, graphics and images (together, the “Materials”) that are not Submissions (as defined below) are provided to you by CityOf.com and are the copyrighted and/or trademarked work of CityOf.com or CityOf.com’s contributors.
CityOf.com grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive and non-tansferable license to view and to use the Materials and services of this Site solely for viewing content, using the embeded calendar function or submitting event information. Except for the license set forth in the preceding sentence above, you acknowledge and agree that you have no right to modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the Materials in any manner. This limited license terminates automatically, without notice to you, if you breach any of these Terms. Except as stated herein, you acknowledge that you have no right, title or interest in or to this Site or any Materials.
Password Restricted Areas of this Site
You may need a password to log in to this Site and to use certain functions and areas within this Site. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and agree to notify CityOf.com if your password is lost, stolen, or disclosed to an authorized third party, or otherwise may have been compromised. ALL CONTENT OR INSTRUCTION TRANSMITTED BY OR RECEIVED FROM ANYONE PRESENTING YOUR PASSWORD ON THE SITE WILL BE DEEMED BINDING ON YOU WHETHER OR NOT SUCH ACTION WAS TAKEN WITH YOUR KNOWLEDGE OR AUTHORITY. You agree to immediately notify CityOf.com of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security in relation to this Site known to you.
By using the Site and/or the services provided on or through the Site, you consent to receiving electronic communications from CityOf.com. These electronic communications may include notices about transactional information and other information concerning or related to the Site and/or services provided on or through the Site. These electronic communications are part of your relationship with CityOf.com. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing. CityOf.com may keep records of any type of communication conducted by way of the Site. All electronic records are deemed sent when they are properly addressed to the recipient and the record enters an information processing system outside the control of the sender or the record enters a region of an information processing system under the recipient’s control. All electronic records are received when the record enters an information processing system that the recipient has designated or uses for the purpose of receiving electronic records or information of the type sent, in a form capable of being processed by that system, and from which the recipient is able to retrieve the electronic record.
Third Party Content
Certain information and other content that are not Submissions may be provided by third party licensors and suppliers to CityOf.com (“Third Party Content”). The Third Party Content is, in each case, the copyrighted and/or trademarked work of the creator/licensor. You agree to only display the Third Party Content on your personal computer solely for your personal use. You acknowledge and agree that you have no right to download, cache, reproduce, modify, display (except as set forth in this paragraph), edit, alter or enhance any of the Third Party Content in any manner unless you have permission from the owner of the Third Party Content. CITYOF.COM DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIRD PARTY CONTENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Links to Third Party Sites
You agree that you will not upload, post or otherwise make available on this Site any Submissions or other material protected by copyright, trademark, or any other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of such copyright, trademark or other proprietary right owned by a third party, and the burden of determining whether any material is protected by any such right is on you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from any Submission that you make.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you own all Submissions posted by you on or through this Site or otherwise have the right to grant the ownership to CityOf.com set forth in this section, (ii) when submitting event information to the Site, you agree to submit information that is accurate to the best of your knowledge, (iii) the posting of your Submissions on or through this Site does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, trademark rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person or entity, (iv) if applicable, you will keep your registration information current, (v) the content you submit to the Site does not constitute defamation or libel or otherwise violate the law, and (vi) you are 18 years old or an emancipated minor who possesses the legal right and ability to enter into and make the representations and warranties contained in these Terms. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, damages and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Submissions posted by you to or through this Site.
Where you do not have control over removal or deletion of your event information, you may forward a written correction or removal request to CityOf.com to request correction or removal of your event information, which correction or removal shall take place within three (3) business days of CityOf.com’s receipt of your written request. Please send this request to staff@CityOf.com.
When submitting Submissions to or otherwise using this Site and/or the services, you agree not to, without limitation:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Use racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive language.
- Discuss or incite illegal activity.
- Use explicit/obscene language or solicit/post sexually explicit images (actual or simulated).
- Post anything that exploits children or minors, that depicts cruelty to animals, or discriminates against race, gender preferences, or religious beliefs..
- Post any copyrighted or trademarked materials without the express permission from the owner.
- Disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes', or any other form of such solicitation of funds, goods or services. Furthermore, you agree that soliciting other users to join or become users or members of any commercial online web site or other organization is expressly prohibited.
- Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site.
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
- Alter the opinions or comments posted by others on this Site.
- Submit to or otherwise publish through the Site any information that contains viruses or any other computer code, corrupt files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment.
- Employ misleading email addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of event submissions transmitted through the Site.
- Post or otherwise make available event information that impersonates any person or entity, including but not limited to a CityOf.com employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Submit or otherwise make available contact information that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent or that is false, deceptive, misleading, or deceitful.
- Submit a link to any illegal site, including but not limited to any site that is indecent, obscene or pornographic or that is determined to be otherwise objectionable in CityOf.com's sole and absolute discretion.
- Frame" or otherwise impose editorial comment, commercial material or any information or content on, or in proximity to, content displayed on the Site.
- Alter or modify any content on the Site
- Deep link to any portion of the Site. Without limiting other restrictions, you agree not to reproduce, transmit, sell, or otherwise exploit the Site for any commercial purpose.
This list of prohibitions provides examples and is not complete or exclusive. CityOf.com reserves the right to (a) terminate your access to your account, your ability to post to this Site (or the services) and (b) refuse, delete or remove any Submissions; with or without cause and with or without notice, for any reason or no reason, or for any action that CityOf.com determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, is inappropriate or disruptive to this Site or to any other user of this Site and/or services. CityOf.com may report to law enforcement authorities any actions that may be illegal, and any reports it receives of such conduct. When legally required or at CityOf.com’s discretion, CityOf.com will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity on this Site or on the Internet. If you believe that any content on the Site violates any of the Terms, please contact us at staff@CityOf.com. We cannot guarantee that we will respond to your message and we reserve the right to take or refrain from taking any or all steps available to us once we receive any such message.
If you post a message that (i) impersonates any person or entity; (ii) falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity; or (iii) that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent, you agree that CityOf.com may immediately remove such message and terminate your access to the Site.
These prohibitions do not require CityOf.com to monitor, police or remove any Submissions or other information submitted by you or any other user.
Submissions and unauthorized use of any Materials or Third Party Content contained on this Site may violate certain laws and regulations. You agree to indemnify and hold CityOf.com, its parent company, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, licensors, and business partners harmless from and against any and all costs, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs of defense) CityOf.com or any other indemnified party suffers in relation to, arising from, or for the purpose of avoiding, any claim or demand from a third party that your use of this Site or the use of this Site by any person using your user name and/or password (including without limitation, your participation in the posting areas or, your Submissions) violates any applicable law or regulation, or the copyrights, trademark rights or other rights of any third party.
Copyright and Trademark Infringements
CityOf.com respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask you to do the same. CityOf.com may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, terminate service and/or access to this Site for users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work is the subject of copyright infringement and/or trademark infringement and appears on our Site, please provide CityOf.com with the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted and/or trademarked work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled at the Site, and information reasonably sufficient to permit CityOf.com to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit CityOf.com to contact you as the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright and/or trademark owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Contact CityOf.com regarding any notice of claims of copyright or trademark infringement on this Site:
1559 S. Brownlee Boulevard
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Please also note that for copyright infringements under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.