Internet Directory, Inc., d/b/a CityOf.com
Internet Directory, Inc., d/b/a CityOf.com
Thank you for visiting the Events Internet website of Internet Directory, Inc., d/b/a CityOf.com (“CityOf.com”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”) located at the URL: https://events.CityOf.com (“Events Site” or “Site”).
Our CityOf.com Events Site enables people to plan and promote their events. We make it easy for everyone to discover events, and to share the events they are attending with the people they know. We do this through our websites and domains, the services available on or through our websites and domains or otherwise provided by us, and the software available on or through our websites and domains or otherwise provided by us (the “Services”).
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us by using the following link: https://events.CityOf.com/contact-us.
Information Collection and Use
You can generally visit our Site without revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. However, in certain sections of this Site and when you post an event to the Site, we may invite you to register or provide personally identifiable information which may include, without limitation, your name, address, email address, phone number, password, and other contact information that you voluntarily transmit with your communication to us. If you register with the Site, you may automatically receive emails confirming your registration and providing you with the necessary information relating to the access or use of your registration.
As with most websites, our web servers will also collect information about your visit, but this will not be personal information. We may use your personally identifiable information to register you to use our services, contact you to deliver certain services or information you have requested, verify your authority to enter our Site, improve the content and general administration of the Site and our services, provide you with notices about other users of our Site or Services that you may wish to contact and for targeted advertising.
- Specific Reason: If you provide Personal Data for a certain reason, we may use the Personal Data in connection with the reason for which it was provided. For instance, if you contact us by e-mail, we will use the Personal Data you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem and will respond to the email address from which the contact came.
- Access and Use: If you provide Personal Data in order to obtain access to or use of the Services or any functionality thereof, we will use your Personal Data to provide you with access to or use of the Services or functionality and to monitor your use of such Services or functionality. For instance, access to your account information to create and edit your events on our Site.
- Internal Business Purposes: We may use your Personal Data for internal business purposes including without limitation to help us improve the content and functionality of the Services, to better understand our users, to improve the Services, to protect against, identify or address wrongdoing, to enforce our Terms of Service, to manage your account and provide you with customer service, and to generally manage the Services and our business.
- Marketing: We may use your Personal Data to contact you in the future for our marketing and advertising purposes, including without limitation to inform you about services or events we believe might be of interest to you, to develop promotional or marketing materials and provide those materials to you, and to display content and advertising on or off the Services that we believe might be of relevance to you.
We are not in the business of selling your Personal Data. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. Therefore, we will not sell your Personal Data to third parties, including third party advertisers.
Personal Data Choices
- Limit the Personal Data You Provide: You can use the Services without providing any Personal Data or with limiting the Personal Data you provide. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data or limit the Personal Data you provide, you may not be able to use certain functionality of the Services. For instance, in order to open an account, your name and email address will be required.
- Opt Out: You can "opt out" of receiving CityOf.com newsletter emails by logging in, clicking on "Account" and following the instructions to "email preferences." You may modify your choices at any time in your CityOf.com Events account.
Because Non-Personal Data cannot be used to personally identify you, we may use such information for any lawful purpose.
Cookies and Other Monitoring Technologies
We may use small text files called cookies to improve overall Site experience. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Cookies generally do not permit us to personally identify you.
The Site may track the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, URL, date and time of your visit, browser type, IP addresses, External Web Sites (defined below) linked to, and we may analyze this data for trends and statistics in the aggregate, but such information will be maintained, used and disclosed in aggregate form only and it will not contain personally identifiable information. We may use such aggregate information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Submission of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
When you create an event, venue, or group, post comments or photos, that submission becomes public. The public may see any information that you include in your submission, and as such, CityOf.com has no control over how this information will be used. For that reason, please think carefully about what personal information you disclose in your submissions. Additionally, information you submit which is not personally identifiably information shall be governed by CityOf.com’s Terms of Service located at https://events.CityOf.com/terms.
Links to Third Party Sites
CityOf.com recognizes the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. This Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. CityOf.com does not target its services or this Site to children under 13. CityOf.com does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. CityOf.com respects the privacy of parents and children and is committed to complying with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If a parent believes that his or her child has submitted personal information to CityOf.com, he or she can contact us by e-mail at staff@CityOf.com. CityOf.com will promptly delete the information upon learning that it relates to a child under the age of 13. Please note that it is possible some of this information may remain archived in web logs and backup archives after CityOf.com deletes the information from its active database.
CityOf.com believes that parents should supervise their children's online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a kid-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from otherwise disclosing online their name, address and other personal information without parental permission.
We may employ procedural and technological security measures that are reasonably designed to help protect your personally identifiable information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. CityOf.com may use firewalls, password protection, secure socket layer, and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information.
Processing of Personal Information